Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crockpot BBQ anything!

I made another easy, inexpensive, yummy recipe last night.

Crockpot BBQ Pork or Chicken

1lb meat (I used pork sirloin $1.57)
1/2 jar of BBQ sauce ($0.20 on sale through a Shaws catalina promo)
Rice ($0.25)
Corn on the cob (free from Shaws booklet)

Place meat in crockpot, pour BBQ sauce over it, turn it on low and let sit. If I use frozen chicken, I let it sit all day. The pork last night was really thin and cooked in about 4 hours. The great thing about this recipe is you can serve it as is with sides or shred the meat when it's done and use it in sandwiches, over rice or mashed potatoes. It was really flavorful too!

Grand total was $2.02 for 2 adults and a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! After I review it, I will be happy to post it!