Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Healthy, Inexpensive Meal

I was asked this week to post some inexpensive recipes, so since I made one tonight, I thought I'd post it. I meant to take a picture, but we ate it up before I remembered to take one!


Pork Stir Fry approx. $2 for 3-4 servings

1 lb Pork Sirloin ($1.69)
2 Packages of Frozen Veggies (free from Shaws booklet free coupon)
1/3 bottle of Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing (part of a recent Shaws promo where I probably spent
less than $0.25 for the bottle)
1 tsp each of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and Teriyaki sauce

Slice up pork and marinate in dressing for an hour. Place in skillet on medium high and cook until pork is browned. Add vegetables and remaining seasonings. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until vegetables are hot and pork is cooked through. Serve with rice.

This is super easy and very healthy! If you don't have the dressing, you can certainly just use Soy sauce and Teriyaki sauce. There are also Chinese spices out there that can be added. You can get fancy depending on your budget and add more vegetables, bean sprouts or slivered almonds. You can also switch out the pork for whatever is on sale- chicken, steak, pork, or shrimp.

Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Neat! Thanks for posting this! I spend way too much per/meal when I cook, so that's very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to post more in the future. I try not to spend more than $5 total on a dinner for our family.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! After I review it, I will be happy to post it!