Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let's get started...

Some common myths about couponing.

1. You end up spending more money when you use coupons because you buy things you normally wouldn't if you didn't use coupons.
-This can certainly happen...if you're not coupon savvy! However, if you continue to follow along, you'll see how using coupons can get you food for cheaper than store brand items!

2. Couponing takes too much time.
-It can, but once you get a system down, it will go faster. As with anything, the more you want something, the harder you'll work at it.

3. Coupons are only for junk food.
-If you opened my freezer right now, you'd see that this is certainly not the case! I have so many frozen vegetables in there, I'm running out of room! I also have stocked up on cheese and some bread. There are certainly coupons out there for unhealthy things, but ultimately, you choose what you buy. Plus, if you save money buy using coupons for things like frozen vegetables, you can in turn use the money you saved, on items that don't often have coupons.

4. Coupons only come in the paper and the paper costs money.
-Some of my best coupons come from blinkie machines or tearpads at the grocery store. If you purchase only the Sunday paper and pay $1 a week for your paper and you use $5 worth of coupons, you've already paid back what you spent on the paper.

5. Coupons really don't save you that much money....what, maybe $5 a week.
-Follow along this blog and you'll see otherwise real soon! A majority of my savings is from matching coupons to sales!

Do you have any other questions about coupons? Please leave me a comment and I'll be happy to try and answer them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! After I review it, I will be happy to post it!